It’s easy to lose your flame after you’ve been prepping for a while. The same recipes week after week will leave you dreading your next meal. Don’t be afraid to change things up. It’ll keep prepping fun and exciting.
Asides from being fool-proof and incredibly delicious, the best thing about this recipe is that you can easily tweak it to suit your taste buds and your nutritional goals/needs. Want to increase your protein intake? Add more chicken. Decrease calories or carbs? Omit the quinoa. Try this recipe once and you’ll understand why it’s one of my staple meal prep recipes.
Fajita Quinoa Bowls
- 1 Tablespoon Avocado Oil
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, Finely Chopped
- 3 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, Sliced (more if you want extra protein)
- 1 Package Fajita Seasoning or Homemade Fajita Seasoning* (see recipe below)
- 1 Onion, Sliced
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper, Sliced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, Sliced
- 1/2 Jalapeno, Diced + 1/2 Jalapeno, Finely Sliced (Optional)
- Wash and cut vegetables. Slice chicken breast into strips.
- Add oil to pan and cook garlic until fragrant over medium heat.
- Add chicken and fajita seasoning. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add onion, red and green peppers, and jalapeno and stir.
- Cook 10-15 minutes over medium heat or until chicken is fully cooked (internal temperature of at least 165° F).
- 1 Cup of Quinoa or Rice
- Water According to Packet Instructions (sub with chicken broth for extra flavour)
- Prepare according to directions listed on packet. Directions vary depending on type of quinoa/rice. Substitute water for equal parts chicken broth for enhanced flavour.
Black Bean & Corn Salad
- 1 Can of Whole Kernel Corn, Drained
- 1 Can of Black Beans, Drained
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper, Diced
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 2 Tablespoons Salsa
- 1 Teaspoon Avocado Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Pinch of Cayenne Pepper (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and mix.
3 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 Red Bell Pepper
1 Green Pepper
1 Jalapeno (Optional)
1 Bulb of Garlic
Quinoa or Rice
1 Can Whole Kernel Corn
1 Can Black Beans
Cayenne Pepper (Optional)
Homemade Fajita Seasoning Recipe
1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
2 Teaspoons Chilli Powder
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Paprika
1 Teaspoon White Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/4 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
Stir spices together and store in a container or sealed ziplock bag.
* If using homemade seasoning, add according to your taste preference.
Nutritional Information: 423 Cal Per Serving | 62 g Carb | 11 g Fat | 28 g Protein